Do you have the passion to make the world safer, healthier and more productive? Fantastic, so are we; in-fact it’s our mission. Looking for a place where you can grow your career and find great purpose in the work you do? Excellent, read on about our Research & Development (R&D) Technician role.
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The R&D Technician team member in Diagnostics is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining research equipment to develop core technology and to produce product samples. Job requirements also include independent analysis of data, demonstrating the behaviors of our core values (Trust, Bias for Action and Entrepreneurial), generation of conclusions and recommendations, and providing insight on product development and process improvements. The R&D Technician may be asked to lead small projects.
1. Work with the R&D management to establish the method of producing new product - great ideas valued here.
2. Set up machines to produce samples and maintain process equipment
3. Produce samples per sample request or instructions
4. Record machine set up
5. Analyze data, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on collected data
6. Liaison with production during product/ process transfer - seek out other team members input.
7. Write procedures for new processes - because we are always looking for a new and better way.
8. Electrical modifications and troubleshooting - creative and innovative problem solving is much welcomed here, in fact, it's expected.
9. Training other development operators and production workers - here at Porex, FG we have a coaching mindset and expect that this team member would be no different.
10. Assist in raw material inventory - super important.
11. Get your entreprenurial spirit flowing when you take the lead on some fantastic small projects.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate our company's core values (Trust, Bias for Action and Entrepreneurial), have high energy, inclusive/growth mindset, self-motivated, degreed in Electronics or equivalent R&D Tech work experience (as noted in responsibilities). Strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different disciplines. Proven success in creative problem solving, Mid-level Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, proven ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities, excellent math skills, proven high mechanical aptitude and a strong attention to detail.